It is better to create than to be learned, creating is the true essence of lifeâ
- Barthold Georg Niebuhr
"The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks"
- Tennessee Williams
-This logo should capture the idea of the state (using anything from the image of the state
to a boardwalk).
- Preferred colors are blue and/or green (please no red). It should also be presentable in
black & white.
- All submissions are property of NJ for Obama.
- Artist will be given full credit for creation of logo that will be displayed online and on
T-shirts, caps, buttons, flyers, & stickers.
- Future rewards to be determined. There is no immediate financial reimbursement,
however the arts whose work is selected will receive a $200 stipend to be paid before
March 31, 2008.
- The logo contest is open to any United States Residents.
- Entries should be submitted as JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EMF, BMP, or
PDF to email@example.com with NJ for Obama Logo in the subject line by March
30th. Email request for hard copy mailing address.
#1. NJ for OBAMA logo contest
1) avoid being over-the-top in an attempt to be unique
2) use few colors, or try to limit colors to spot colors (a term used in the printing industry)
3) avoid gradients (smooth color transitions) as a distinguishing feature
4) produce alternatives for different contexts
5) design using vector graphics, so the logo can be resized without loss of fidelity
6) be aware of design or trademark infringements
7) include guidelines on the position on a page and white space around the logo for consistent
application across a variety of media (a.k.a. brand standard manual)
8) not use a specific choice clip-art as a distinguishing feature
9) not use the face of a (living) person
10) avoid photography or complex imagery as it reduces the instant recognition a logo demands
11) avoid culturally sensitive imagery, such as religious icons or national flags, unless the brand is
committed to being associated with any and all connotations such imagery may evoke
LOGO CREATING TIPS